This page has moved to a new address.

Horse Shopping Time

Dynamic Views: Horse Shopping Time

Wednesday 11 April 2012

Horse Shopping Time

So as promised, how much do I love KFC? I love it a lot. I don't go there often, only once every couple of years, so on the rare occasions that I do, I really appreciate its deliciousness. So on Easter Sunday I get to the rest stop, get my chicken and a biscuit and hop back in Ben. On the radio they're singing, "if I can't have you I don't want nobody baby" I sing this to my biscuit, and I mean it. On the downside, KFC is expensive as far as fast food goes!!
 Anyway, the theme of this week isn't food obsessions, it's horse shopping! Not only has Henry sold, Mick has also sold. He will always hold a special place in my heart as the first horse I took intermediate, the first grey, and through no fault of his own the first horse on whom I had 2 errors in one dressage test (hopefully a not to be repeated feat). I will miss Mick very much but am sure he will be happy to keep competing at the upper levels with his new owner.  So I am now on the hunt for a new project!  I am sure that Ocala is full of hidden  gems, and thus far I have discovered that many of them are Paso Finos. See Ocala4sale if you're interested in one. The great thing about Paso Finos is that they are an untapped talent in the eventing world, which I think would put me at the forefront of Paso Fino sponsorship opportunities and breed awards. Seriously though, while I  may not be seeking out the Spanish breed whose "name means 'fine step'" (thanks Wikipedia :)  if a lovely one happened across my path I would be happy to accept it. What I'm really looking for is something just like my little Henry: free, easy, adorable, athletic, perfect, etc. My standard horse has been a bay thoroughbred gelding with no markings (maybe a little white somewhere but nothing outrageous like blazes or stockings) but since Mick expanded my horizons a bit I could end up with anything, even a palomino Paso Fino.  My ultimate dream is to have a grey pony named Noodle, show name Fetticuene Alfredo, (if someone has done this before don't tell me, I don't want my dream squashed) but I think that will have to wait until later in life. 
         Besides daydreaming about Noodle and searching for a horse, I find myself in the strange condition of having only one horse of my own to ride each day, which means oodles (a good name for Noodles' brother??) of spare time.  I'm going to buckle down and clean my tack every single day, fold my clothes after I wash them, cook...and admit that pouring milk over cereal won't qualify as "making dinner" and finish the book I started when I first came to work for Kyle and Jen a year and a half ago. Probably....
Maybe.

Mick and I at our first event together, and, below, at our first intermediate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home