This page has moved to a new address.

Parallel Parking: I still got it.

Dynamic Views: Parallel Parking: I still got it.

Monday 16 April 2012

Parallel Parking: I still got it.

I had started a nice little history of my personal driving experience, with sections devoted to Massachusetts and Florida driving, but it became so much work that I simply have this to say: although the talent has lay dorment for months as I've cruised through giant parking lots around grandmas and rednecks and normal folk in a sea of open spots, I can still parallel park. (Only if its absolutely necessary and only next to Starbucks or Harry's)  Okay one thing about Boston versus Ocala. When a guy riding a bicycle in Boston checks you out, its not necessarily a bad thing,  living in the city he most likely doesn't need or want a car. he's ecofriendly and  he's maybe wearing glasses and listening to indie rock and on his way to an open mic night where he's about to play a song on his guitar he wrote himself. In Ocala, when a guy on a bike checks you out, it means 1. he probably doesn't have a car and he thinks your dusty 4 door is where its at 2. At 2 pm on a monday he's cruisng around on his bike...he probably doesn't have a job. 3. if he's going to a poetry reading he has a lonnnnng bike ride ahead of him. 4. By turning to look at you he's stopped paying attention to the sidewalk where a guy is waving a "CASH FOR GOLD" sign up ahead and he's about to hit him.
So now that you're on guard against Ocala bikers, I'll give a little update on the resolutions I came up with in my last post. So far I've stuck to all of them, I'm cleaning my tack every day and.... awkward pause as I try to remember a single other resolution I've even remotely stuck to. Me and resolutions are much like the second pair of ice boots at Five Ring, they are very nice and do a great job at icing but the velcro that secures the boots doesn't stick so well anymore and often comes undone. With the boots, we simply get out some duct tape and we're back in icing action, with me I just walk over the clean clothes pile on the ground and tell it, maybe tomorrow. New resolution though. I've given up soda and afternoon caffeine. So far I've lasted a week. Mondays don't count. Also specified undetermined other days don't count either.

 I'm still horse hunting, and in the meantime getting to spend lots of time riding Inet.  Inet for the most part likes Florida, but he misses the indoor arena a little bit, mainly because he could check himself out in the mirrors while I "trained him" aka let him trot down the long side not across the diagonal so he could watch himself point his toes the whole time.  Inet is full of character, friendly, outgoing, charming, good looking...in sum he would never bike through Ocala checking out girls. Inet is far too classy for that sort of thing. Instead he spends his time trying to drink from my gatorade bottle, wondering why the brass on his halter isn't polished to perfection and trying to make friends with the world's best barn dog, Drake. As soon as Inet opens his mouth for a little love bite, Drake flees, but despite this setback Inet keeps on trying.

One last thing, I'm making the best Irish brown bread (maybe its more like imitation Irish brown bread) and anyone that likes delicious, easy to make bread should try it, all you need is flour, sugar, rolled oats, yogurt, baking soda and powder and a pinch of salt.
http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/irish-brown-bread-10000000522965/

1 Comments:

At 23 April 2012 at 08:13 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

THIS IS GREAT

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home