This page has moved to a new address.

Don't ban a bake sale, buy a biscuit or a biscotti or a blondie

Dynamic Views: Don't ban a bake sale, buy a biscuit or a biscotti or a blondie

Friday 29 June 2012

Don't ban a bake sale, buy a biscuit or a biscotti or a blondie

Do you ever try to race the microwave? As I hit the 1 minute button I'm thinking, while my sheppards pie heats up can I wash my hands and turn my computer on and check the news and pour a glass of water? Or while my danish heats up can I pour a cup of coffee and add milk? You can't be too ambitious with a danish, it only takes like 20 seconds to warm up. Anyway, thats just one of my hobbies, and tonight while I was "making dinner" I found out that Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise are getting a DIVORCE!!!!!! Huge news!!! I feel the need to talk  about it with everyone!!!!!!! I can't wait to just go up to everyone I know and say, Did you hear about Tom and Katie?! Good thing I have such an informative news source Thanks msn.com! Because what else am I going to say, Oh how are you? Hot today isn't it. Every day I can say that in Florida. Every single day all summer long except in the very early morning  when I resolutely go out to face the day in my fleece. Because when it dips down into the low 70's the chill might shock  my system.

So I haven't posted in a lonnng time. And  I keep meaning to and starting posts and never finishing them. I think its because I'm a Sagitarius. I don't remember what my other traits are  supposed to be, probably forgetfulness. Some of the things that happened that I meant to write about were... Chatt Hills in May where I went and groomed and all of the horses had an excellent weekend. Finn, one of Kyle and Jen's homebreds won his division of preliminary YAY Finn! Henry and his new mom Anna went to their first event together and looked great and just placed 4th at their most recent show in Kentucky. He is living the good life sporting a monogrammed fly sheet and eating lots of grass and Anna is doing a great job with him!
Also, bake sales were banned in Massachusetts, a law which was thankfully repealed. It's still a sensitive subject for me, and thinking about outlawing bake sales OF ALL THINGS makes my blood boil. So I'll pass right on by that onto... other things I meant  to post about,
Like the fact that pull on tall boots seem to have nearly dissapeared. I think zippers are great...on fleeces, pants, even paddock boots. But there's something about pulling on those perfectly fitted leather boots, feeling the cramp in your leg, wondering if you will ever get them off, that a zip up boot can't replicate. The pull on boot is classy, classic, timeless, beaitfiul. Sure the zip up is an easy way out, but what happened to putting in a little effort?! I have to admit that I have tried these "zip up boots" as they're called and at first I too thought they were great. Until my zipper broke. And broke again. And now I'm riding around with my socks on display, my heels down and out, my boots collapsing under the inadequacy of their zippers....

In good news, my mom and sister came to visit! It was so fantastic to see them and we stayed in the most wonderful hotel in Orlando for the night that was most wonderfully located next to an outlet mall....
wish they could have stayed longer, but had a great visit, during which I was reminded of  things like, how incredibly smart my sister is, how much we love Marcel the Shell and the sleep talking man (he is not a hoax he's a real person with the best  british accent and the funniest sayings and I will never listen to anyone who tells me otherwise), how my mom is the best mom, how bad our basset hound is, even though he wasn't even on the trip at all. You know you have a really bad dog when instead of asking how Wilbur is, you ask which rug he decided to pee on. In the latest battle, my mom shut him in his crate for the night so he could think about his actions, and in the morning she found he had  peed out the crate's front door. The lesson here is that basset hounds are very very bad, but due to their long ears and droopy eyes* you forgive them and then off they go eating a whole loaf of bread and escaping from the house to follow their nose. 

*also sad and soulful and stubborn are good adjectives for these very bad dogs.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home